Thursday, May 16, 2013

Urban Decay SMOKED Review/Swatches

 
Urban Decay hands down makes my favorite eye shadows. So when I heard this was coming out I knew I had to get my hands on it. I got this palette when it first hit the Urban Decay website and I just love it! I find it to be very versatile with a great range of colors and finishes.
 
From left to right:
Top row: kinky, freestyle, mushroom, backdoor, blackout
Bottom row: barlust, rockstar, evidence, loaded, asphalt
 
Kinky: A creamy white matte finish, a bit chalky for my taste, but I can still make it work for an excellent highlight
 
Freestyle: A peachy-cream matte finish, still a bit chalky but smoother than kinky. This is very close to the color of my skin, so it's great when I want something more low key or something to wear when I want to feature a bold lip/cheek instead.
 
Mushroom: Definitely my favorite color in the palette. It's a beautiful metallic taupe that pulls more gray. I love this for the lid for a more dramatic eye.
 
Backdoor: A great dark matte brown. Perfect for smudging in the outer-v area! It is not chalky at all!
 
Blackout: A fantastic matte black that's also not chalky! Yay! A lot of other matte blacks throw in gold or other colored sparkles, but not this one. This is perfect for an ultra dramatic eye or as liner.
 
Barlust: A shimmery red toned brown.
 
Rockstar: Deep smokey purple with subtle red undertones.
 
Evidence: I found this to be the least pigmented and smooth of the shimmery colors. It's a medium dark navy blue with a metallic finish.
 
Loaded: Deep almost blacked teal, highly pigmented.
 
Asphalt: Deep gunmetal metallic with slight teal and silver shimmer.
 
__________________________________________________________
 
Pros: Extremely pigmented
                                              Wide range of colors for a variety of looks
                       Mattes, shimmers, metallics
                                              Compact packaging that is travel friendly
 
                                                           Cons: None for me!
                                                                But I realize the price tag of $49 may be something
         for some to consider.
 
___________________________________________________________
 
When I use up this palette will I repurchase? Probably not, even though I really like it. Search Youtube for lots of tutorials with this palette! And while you're there, please check out my channel!
 
Stay NV'ious!
 
 
 
FTC Disclosure: I purchased this with my own money. I have never accepted money in exchange for a review.
 
 


No comments: