Friday, January 15, 2010

COVER GIRL WETSLICKS AND AMAZEMINT LIP GLOSS


CoverGirl WetSlicks and WetSlicks Amazemint
Top to bottom: Honey Talks, Freedom of Peach, and Very Berry.

"Regular Wetslicks and Wetslicks Crystals have combined shade palettes to give you supreme shade selection - yet the formula still has Wetslicks' signature hi-beam shine and the sleek feel of a balm."

There are 11 colors in this product line. I have one:

Honey Talks is a super creamy and very frosted beige color with golden undertones. It smells like warm honey! It's a lot more frosted looking on your lips than it looks here on my hand. I think this would be better worn over a very matte lipstick and spread thin--unless you like super frosted lips. This one feels a bit sticky and thick, so I'm not loving that.

"CoverGirl Wetslicks Amazemint isn't just a lipgloss, it's a smile treatment! Crest Peppermint Oil provides a minty breath sensation while the gloss itself gives a dazzling high-shine without all that "sticky"."

There are 13 shades in this product line. Two I have are:

Freedom of Peach is my hands down favorite!! It has the perfect amount of mint in it to make your lips slightly tingle! Think a more subtle carmax feeling. This almost perfectly matches my natural lip color and I love wearing this every day! You can make it pretty sheer or build up more color. This one is not sticky at all and just feels amazing!!

Very Berry is a pretty color as well. I haven't worn it as much but I do like it. This one is much more pigmented, as you can see from the swatches above. But you can use just a tad if you just want a wash of color. This one also is not sticky, so I also love how it feels on my lips. Just a nice minty tingle!!

You can find these at most drug stores or places like Target for about $6.00.

FTC Discloser:Products mentioned in this post were purchased by me and I am in no way affiliated with any brands or companies mentioned.



4 comments:

ndoodles said...

I bought this in Slaphappy and it is great. Like you said, it is very moisturizing and surprisingly pigmented! Ha ha I totally recommend this to anyone who's looking for a new lip gloss to try out. The only downfall is the staying power. It is a bit slick so obviously it can't handle your saliva as well. But still very good for the price.

Nina said...

I also have this in Slaphappy. For me this one stings! I haven't used it a lot since I first tried it and I don't get a lot of pigmentation from it maybe because my lips are pigmented in the first place. Maybe I'll have better luck with other shades, perhaps Very Berry! :)

~Lisa said...

I own like 5 shades of this! LOL
-No care bare, Freedom of Peach, Slaphappy, Pink Positive, and Everything`s Rosy.
I do enjoy these very much. They give a nice tingly feeling and apply smoothly without being sticky. The colours are kind of sheer so it`s best to buy darker shades if you want them to show up a bit. They also give a nice shine that I enjoy.

Online Cosmetics said...

Really nice post.