Monday, November 15, 2010

GUEST BLOG WITH EYECONIC

A few months ago, FreeBeautyEvents sent me some Clearasil products. I, luckily, don't suffer from acne so I was looking for a blogger to test it out and write a review. The amazing Heather, who's blog is fab, volunteered. If you want to know her thought, keep reading...



"Hi everyone! This is Heather from EYECONIC Makeup-posting here on NV Beauty! Thanks so much Nicole for sending me these great products to try out, and giving me the opportunity to guest blog for you!

The items I tested out were the Clearasil StayClear Oil-Free Daily Face Wash, and the Clearasil Ultra Pimple Blocker Pen. I think it’s hard to do reviews of skin products, since everyone has different skin types and body chemistry. What works for me may not work for you, and vice versa. But I’ll try my best to tell you exactly how these products worked on my skin, which I would consider normal (not oily or dry), and somewhat acne prone.



I really like the smell of the face wash- it’s so fresh without being overwhelming. I like the texture too. It’s a really thick cream, almost foamy. It’s hard to describe. I always use face wash with my little scrublet brush from Sephora, and this lathered up really nicely with it. Sadly, this is all I really liked about the product. I used it for about 3 weeks, morning and night, to make sure I really got a feel for it. It just seemed to make whatever skin problems I was having even worse. I really didn’t feel like it was doing anything to help clear up acne, it actually seemed to be causing it. It is also supposed to contain conditioners to keep your skin from overdrying, but I still felt the familiar tightness after I washed my face that I do with all face washes.

I thought maybe I was just having a “bad skin month”, so I switched back to my normal face wash before retesting the Clearasil for a few days after my initial trial to see if I had different results. Nope- I broke out all over my forehead and chin after using it for 2 days. I did notice that it doesn’t have either salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide in the ingredients list. One of these two is usually the active ingredient in almost every face product I’ve ever used.



The pimple blocker pen was basically the same as every other spot treatment products I’ve tried from other drugstore brands. The main ingredient is salicylic acid 2%, and this worked for me as well as all the other brands too- I’d call it “meh”. I don’t feel like it stopped incoming pimples, as it claims to, but it did definitely reduce the redness on the existing one. It decreased the size as well, but not by very much. I would just tote this as an anti-redness product if I were to give it to someone. And of course, like most spot treatment products, it is really drying and you get kind of a burning sensation when you apply it to the pimple- I don’t see these as negatives really since every spot treatment I’ve tried has done this.

So I really can’t say that I would recommend these products to anyone, but again, no one person can say what will work for anyone else’s skin. If you have had good luck with Clearasil products in the past, I’d say go for it! But if you haven’t tried the brand before, I don’t think I’d start out by testing these."

Thanks for the reveiw Heather!

No comments: