Sunday, December 27, 2009

SIGMA MAKEUP BEAUTY ON THE GO NEUTRAL SHADES

After I saw Tiffany D's tutorial using this kit, I had to have it! It just looked so pretty!! At $36 for this kit, I was expecting a lot. The shades are all named after Rolling Stones song, which I thought was pretty cool. The lighest one is called Angie:
It is pretty light with a lot of shimmer to it! It is great for the inner corners of the eyes and on the brow bone.The next lighest color is called Brown Sugar:

This is a great brown with golden tones and a lot of shimmer as well. This is great to either pack on the lid or in the crease, depending on what kind of look you are going for. These are neural shades, but you can as dramatic looks as you can think up! The next color is called Indian Girl:
This is almost a graphite looking shade, also with shimmer, Excellent crease shade or even as a liner. The last color is called Brown Eyed Girl:
This is a black color, without being too dark. Great for dramtic crease or as a liner. This also has a lot of shimmer in it as well.

Here are the swatches on my fingertips (from left to right-Angie, Brown Sugar, Brown Eyed Girl, and Indian Girl):
As you can see, these colors are very pigmented and have tons on shimmer! They go on very smooth and blend like a dream! With my primer these colors have stayed on all day! **I've not tried them without primer** I really do love this palette! These swatches have no primer on them, so using one just intensifies this! Of course, you can make them look more subtle by using a light hand with your makeup brush. Sigma includes with each of their beauty on the go kits a little book of different looks you can create with this kit--which I think is pretty cool. What I like to do with this is just use one or two colors with some matte shades. I do not like doing a total shimmer look. It would be so much better if they just had one of these colors a shimmer, perhaps brown sugar or brown eyed girl. If Sigma ever makes this palette in matte, I'll be the first to buy it.

Here is what the palette looks like:



 

Also, when you buy a single kit (there are 4 different ones, all $36 or all for $99) you get a free SS217 travel brush! It is really great for blending! I love it. You also get a free large size (but not a refill) eye shadow in Indian Girl. I have made two seperate purchases from Sigma and both times I have got the same color. So I think it's safe to assume that's the only color they are giving away.

One thing I do not like, other than they are all shimmers, is that you can not purchase refills for these palettes. **Forgot to mention that you pop in each color to this palette! You can buy multiple palettes and place the colors how you want. There are 3 eye shadow palettes and 1 blush and highlighter palette. You can mix and match and take your look on the go!** I emailed Sigma asking them if it was in their future plan to sell colors individually and they replied that they were not. =(

Pros: Highly Pigmented, Smooth application, Great blendability, Beautiful Colors, Cute Nice packaging, Has large mirror inside, You can see the names of the colors on the back of the palette, Shipping was quick

Cons: All colors are shimmery and you can't buy just one color.

For me, the pros far outweigh the cons. Would I buy this again, yes. I really like the colors and I haven't really seen them anywhere else. MAC could possibly have similiar colors, but would cost much more. While I think this is a little pricey, you get so much more product than you would with MAC.

FTC Discloser:Products mentioned in this post were purchased by me and I am in no way affiliated with any brands or companies mentioned.

1 comment:

Me7a said...

I don´t like the eyeshadow by Sigma. The colours are not so good pigmented. I think for this price I can buy me better MAC!