Thursday, December 31, 2009

Sigma Makeup Professional Brush Kit


I wanted to post just one more review before 2009 is over that wasn't AVON! I know I've posted a lot of those, so here's another review on Sigma! After watching many guru's review the Sigma makeup brushes I had to see for myself if they were as good as I heard. I'm not a "professional" nor do I own any MAC brushes. So I hope you can believe me when I saw these brushes are AMAZING! I have never felt such soft brushes in my life! I do have over $250 worth of Bare Escentuals brushes, which I will review later, and they don't even compare to the Sigma brushes.
So the Set I got was the complete professional set with brush roll for $89.00. It was actually a gift from my husband, but of course I told him what I wanted! I could hardly wait for them to come. Because I ordered them late November, it took about two weeks for them to come. In the meantime, I was watching all the videos on Sigma of Tiffany D using them for the different beauty kits to go and the video about washing them properly. Makeup by Ren Ren has a great video on cleaning your Sigma brushroll!

So when I finally got my set I tore into that pretty packaging to play with all my new toys! No, I couldn't wait for Christmas, are you kidding me? So first off, I unwrap everything, which was put together very nicely. I was also surprised with a free large eyeshadow in Indian Girl.  And also a travel size SS217! These brushes are not only super soft, they have a real feel of quality about them. The handle is long and have a good weight about it. The ferrell feels very secure also. I didn't notice any ordor either, which was nice.So after I washed my Sigma brushes with baby shampoo, I laid them out to dry and I couldn't wait for morning when I could put them to the test!!
Here's a list of the brushes and descriptions included in this kit:
"SS150-Very dense with a rounded top. Ideal to apply powder products on face and body. Natural bristles.
SS190-Can be used to apply liquid or cream foundation. It is also recommended to apply moisturizers and conceal large areas. Synthetic bristles.
SS187-Specially designed to generate an ‘airbrushed’ finish when used to apply liquid foundation. It can also be used to apply blush, highlight shades and loose pigments. Blend of synthetic and natural bristles.
SS168-The angled shape makes this brush ideal to apply blush or contour shades. Natural bristles.
SS194-The rounded, tampered, flat shape makes this brush ideal to conceal the under eye area. It is also recommended for a precise application in small areas. Synthetic bristles.
SS275-Angled, tapered, flat top. Ideal to apply highlight shades underneath the eyebrow and on the inner corners. It can also be used for a precise application of darker shades on the crease area. Natural bristles.
SS266-Essential for the application of gel or cream eyeliner on the upper and lower lash line. This brush is also excellent to filling out the eyebrows. Synthetic bristles.
SS252-Flat shape is ideal for application of cream formulas and eye shadow primers. It also works great with loose eye shadows or pigments. Can be used to apply color all over the lid or precisely on the lash line. Natural bristles.
SS219-Precise application of color on the crease, outer corner, and upper and lower lash line. Also ideal to smudge out pencil liner. Natural bristles.
SS224-Rounded and tapered top. Specially designed to apply and blend color on the crease. Natural bristles.
SS209-An extra-fine tipped synthetic fiber brush that delivers a precise, firm, even stroke with which to line the eyes.
SS239-Soft and dense with a rounded finish. Can be used to apply pressed or loose eye shadows and pigments. Ideal to build intense color on the eyelid. Natural bristles."

The two additional brushes I got are:
"SS197-This exclusive flat top synthetic kabuki was designed to deliver a flawless makeup application. The Sigma Makeup SS197 is a buffer brush that can be used to blend powder or liquid products. The short and dense bristles make it easy to buff your liquid foundation. The long handle adds comfort to your makeup application. The synthetic fibers are ideal to be used with liquid products and can be easily cleaned." This one is $16.00.
"SS109-Ideal to apply, blend or contour powder products. Softly rounded dome tip smoothly blends colour into the face." This one is $14.00.

I would say the ones I use every single day are the SS109, SS150, SS219, and the SS239. I really am loving the SS197 also for my Bare Escentuals mineral foundation! It is so dense and so soft! It buffs the power right into my skin and really does look flawless!! I could say something great about every single one of these brushes, but this is so long already. But every single brush is really great and you will love them!

I do regret, just a little, buying the brush roll. It's nice and all, but I would have rather spent the money on the extra brushes I bought. I ended up putting the brushes in cups with bean bag fill (Thanks again Tiffany!) on my vanity. I have them seperated into face brushes in one and eye brushes in another. I've been using Sephora daily brush cleaner and baby shampoo once a week. To sum it all up, these are excellent quality brushes and you don't have to be a professional to use them! ***Next I want to buy a travel kit! $49.00.***


FTC Discloser:Products mentioned in this post were purchased by me and I am in no way affiliated with any brands or companies mentioned.







5 comments:

Me7a said...

I love these brushes, these are the beste brushes i´ve ever justed =)

Izharuthie said...

i love the brushes too! altough i also regret buying the brush roll.
i already gave it away to a friend...

Gabriela said...

I`ve got the Eye kit and I think is perfect. It has all the basic brushes that you need to create an awesome eye look and it isn`t expensive. All the brushes are soft and good quality.

Elleinad23 said...

I purchased the complete set, without the brush roll. I love these brushes. They are the best I've ever used. I actually reach for my sigma brushes over my mac ones. They are very soft and well made. They shed a little when applying liquid foundation, but overall they are definitely worth the money. I would really like to by the new professional set, but $150 is too much for me!

Unknown said...

Indeed, I'm planning to change my old makeup brushes and I'm looking for affordable and awesome makeup brushes. When I saw your blog, I found the right makeup brushes. Thank you for sharing!

Makeup Brush Set