Monday, January 24, 2011

2010 NV AWARDS: HAIR

My netbook with all my pics is still on the fritz, so my apologies for all the stock photos. But all of these were really my fav's in 2010 and I'm still using all of them currently!! I don't necessarily have both high end and drug store favorites, like I did in my 2010 NV Awards: Makeup.

FLAT IRON





This is pretty much the flat iron I used since this summer. Even though it's only 1", I can do my hair in about the same amount of time I did with my 2" one I used previously. I love that the temperature can be controlled! Also, the on and off switch is on the inside of the flat iron--with my old one, I was always accidentally turning it off! So irritating! To see my review, go here!

HEAT SETTER


Caruso Ionic Hair Setter. I <3 this thing! It takes me about 10 minutes to roll my hair, 15 minutes (just to be on the safe side) to let them cool and I'm ready to go! My hair can be hard to curl and this does a great job! It also gives me long lasting curls--my hair even looks good the next day. That's right, even after I slept on it, still looks nice the next day! LOVE!!! I can't believe I didn't do a review on this yet! I've been meaning to film a video for yt showing you how easy this is to use! Be on the lookout!

CREAM TREATMENT

Oscar Blandi Pronto Gloss. This stuff does it all! It fights frizz, tames flyaways, adds shine and protects against heat. Seriously, what else could you ask for? This eliminates the need for me to use multiple products. It smells pleasant and doesn't feel heavy in my hair at all. Ahh-mazing! An easy favorite to choose!

HAIR SPRAY

Garnier Fructis Style Bamboo Hair Spray. I don't use hair spray much on myself. Just when I curl my hair. But, I use this once a week on my daughters hair before ballet class to keep her bangs out of her face! It does a great job holding her hair, but doesn't make it crunchy either. Also, this is inexpensive and smells really nice!

OIL TREATMENT

Kahina Giving Beauty 100% Argon Oil. Ahh-mazing product as well! Argon oil has been getting a lot of hype lately and for good reasons! I love to add a few drops of this to my conditioner and let it sit for a while. It really does a great job smoothing out my hair and moisturizing it! I can let my hair air dry after using this and it doesn't look crazy! Usually my hair gets frizzy and BIG! But this let's my natural wavy texture rock it out! I use this about once a week. Otherwise, I reach for the Oscar Blandi Pronto Gloss. This stuff is pricey, but well worth it!

***I am not really loyal to any shampoo or conditioner. I will purchase anything decent that is on sale! I refuse to use anything that costs $1, like Suave, because I have before and it ruined my hair!! Brands I did used most in 2010 were Tresemme, Aussie, and Fruitopia.**

Stay tuned for my NV Awards: Skin edition!

Follow me on twitter!
Sunscribe to my youtube channel!
Like me on Facebook!




No comments: